Sunday 7 September 2014

REVIEW: Vivien of Holloway Geisha Bloom Sarong Dress

Vivien of Holloway are famous for creating the ultimate pin up hourglass shape with their boned halter neck dresses, they do wiggle dresses, full skirt and my new favourite; the sarong dress. Up on my review list this week is this incredibly gorgeous dress from Vivien of Holloway, it's the Geisha Bloom Pink Sarong Dress with matching bolero and the print is out of this world illustrated beautiful perfection!


 

I'm going to talk about this print first, it's a limited edition fabric and feels so very special it reminds me of an illustrated painting, it's full of roses, blossoms and lots of lovely delicate details. The fabric itself is quite light and soft, yet firm enough to hold it's shape too. As soon as I saw this print it was love at first sight, it's something you don't come across to often and feels so very 1940s elegant!

The top is fully boned which nips in at the waist and curves around your bust and accentuates it at the same time with a sweetheart neckline; wonderful! The halter neck strap is also really flattering for anyone who has concerns over armpit bulge (I wish there was a more ladylike term for that but you know what I mean!) as it is placed just below the curve of the bust and skims over that area comfortably, see the picture below for what I mean...


The skirt part of this dress is like I mentioned, in a sarong style which skims beautifully over the stomach area and gathers on the hip, which I think really flatters anyone who may be a little conscious of their tummy area. The sarong style allows for a little more movement in the dress, it's split to a very modest area so no worries about flashing either! The skirt then tapers down to create a beautiful hourglass shape. 


Oh plus it comes with this gorgeous matching bolero which is cut perfectly to suit the dress, it sits just on the waist and has a little collar and capped sleeves, it's such a nice touch to add that extra bit of glamour to the ensemble, also if you prefer to cover your back a little or tops of your arms it's well, perfect!


All these details, style and shaping is why you buy from Vivien of Holloway, they know how to cut a dress to create a fabulous shape on EVERYONE, we've had their dresses in our salons and as part of our pin up photo shoot wardrobes for years and believe me even the most unbelieving customer has been completely converted by these dresses! So if you've ever thought about it, you just need to trust in me when I saw you won't regret buying from Vivien, one word of advice though; make sure you measure yourself correctly as they work on a bust, waist and hip measurement, they also are slightly different to high street sizes so just make sure you measure up before buying!

Thanks for reading!

Diablo x


Hair flowers (perfectly matching may I add) including the orchid with waterfall blossoms are from the lovely Rosie Alia



5 comments:

  1. I love VOH dresses and looked at the exactly same dress you're wearing here, it's so gorgeus :) But I don't think they are suited for everyone, especially for more "modern" figures with people who aren't either busty or have a tiny waist. I have a decent bust-waist ratio, but there's some empty space on top of my dresses and since I can't really size down because of the practically non strech fabrics, I'm forced to wear bombshell bra underneart them at all times (which then of course shows the straps). I don't mind though, because it's fun to create a "boob mirage" and the dresses I have are all gorgeous.

    Maybe if I lose a bit more weight I'll fit into a 12 (I have to wear 14 now although I'm normally Uk size 10 in everything), but I don't see it very likely as I like myself how I am atm. Luckily they got proper size guides on their website and the dresses are actually true to size, so it's relatively easy to pick up a proper size for yourself as long as you don't have tiny tiny bust compared to waist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you achieved this look as well simply by diluting rose red? It looks a slight bit more "dusty" then your other looks so thats why im asking. It is the exact shade i myself have been looking for and so if youve done it with rose red i jut might have to order a jar and try it out :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yeah I always use Rose Red and dilute it down with conditioner, I'll just do slightly more or less depending on what I fancy! Thank you x

      Delete
  3. Hi Rose! What size do you wear with this dress and VOH in general? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...